Turn Chinese takeout into a lasting hair fashion!
So I was in Chicago recently and I went to Chinatown there. I happened upon this little shop that sold chopsticks for $0.10 a pop, so I picked up a bunch. Upon getting home, I decided to spruce them up with a little color.
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Hair Chopsticks 25 Jan 03:47
- Tierra T. favorited Hair Chopsticks 16 Nov 22:11
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Hair Chopsticks 29 Sep 16:27
- AnnaMong favorited Hair Chopsticks 07 Apr 15:52
- Kryssi Hollie favorited Hair Chopsticks 04 Aug 03:18
- Kalli entered their project Hair Chopsticks to Mix Tape Zine 15 Aug 19:34
Once you've gone over the chopstick with the acrylic paints once, let it sit and dry.
I recommend that you do at least 2, maybe even 3, coats of paint to each one. This gives the best results.
Once again, let dry.
If you're daring enough, you can do some sort of design on these babies. For example, I did one in black and white strips. For that I started with a white base coat, then went over with the black. It turned out wonderful and is officially my favorite hair piece now. It kind of reminds me of a spider leg...creepy.