Use your old strings to make something pretty instead of trashing them
Turn your old guitar strings into an easy bangle and use your old picks to decorate it.
- Pammie entered her project Guitar String Bangle to Harmonee's Creations 09 Jul 15:02
- Kerri M. added Guitar String Bangle to Craft ideas 18 Jun 03:49
- Pauline M. commented on Guitar String Bangle 03 Feb 21:12
- Kaitlynn L. favorited Guitar String Bangle 24 Jan 23:53
- Conner W. favorited Guitar String Bangle 24 Jan 03:04
- Pammie entered her project Guitar String Bangle to Harmonees Creations 18 Jan 14:51
- Pammie published her project Guitar String Bangle 18 Jan 07:28
if you are using used guitar strings, clean them before you do anything else. Start with one string and make a loop in a circle just a little larger than the wrist size on the end with the ball end.
wind the other end of the string around the loop, being careful not to break the ball end off.
Wrap the rest of your strings in the same manner but spacing the ball ends evenly in quarters or thirds.
use the drill or other implement (I used a hot needle) to make a hole in the top edge of your picks and thread a jump ring through them.
Thread the jump rings through each of the ball ends of the guitar strings.
You can use the wire to wrap around the bracelet to make sure it is secure. You can also use the wire to string beads around it. You can make beaded charms or add beads to the picks. anything goes.