Jam out a guitar quilt!
This quilt came together with some scraps and a little ingenuity. I used to play guitar and wanted to make a quilt to showcase my favorite instrument of all time! Any musical instrument would make for an amazing art quilt, and are perfect gifts for music lovers.
- forbunnie favorited Guitar Jam Art Quilt 04 Mar 16:05
- Jane W. added Guitar Jam Art Quilt to Room for a music fan 22 Sep 08:36
- Jordan H. favorited Guitar Jam Art Quilt 13 May 02:41
- Penny F. added Guitar Jam Art Quilt to GIFT IDEAS 03 May 18:03
- jesta b. favorited Guitar Jam Art Quilt 02 May 16:55
- TheSewingMaven published her project Guitar Jam Art Quilt 02 May 07:04
Making a pattern template can be as simple or complex as you want. Sketch out some basic outlines for the instrument and then choose your favorite. Then simply draw the basic outline shape on the paper and cut out to make your pattern.
Next pin the front of the quilt to the backing, wrong sides together and sew around the quilt with a zig zag stitch. Then quilt the heck out of the work! For the guitar I added stitching for the strings and rosette of the guitar. Use decorative stitches and quilt as much or as little as you want.