Rock the look! Hey Ho, Let's Go!
Made this for a costume party, it held my wallet, phone, a packet of gum and my bike keys. Me and my friends all dressed up as rock chicks... it was fun XD
The guitar measures 64cm lengthwise, the inner bag itself measures about 18 x 14 x 20 x 12 (clockwise and beginning with the left side of zipper)
- - - seam allowance NOT included in the pattern - - -
(cut an extra 1cm seam allowance)
- GUITAR.jpg 58.4 KB [ Download ]
- Missing file
- LaAlex favorited Guitar Bag 29 Jun 15:53
- Key West Witch favorited Guitar Bag 07 May 06:39
- Key West Witch added Guitar Bag to Guitar Everything 19 Mar 05:48
- Kerri M. added Guitar Bag to Craft ideas 18 Jun 03:59
- Cindy L. added Guitar Bag to Music 08 Aug 21:26
- Cindy L. favorited Guitar Bag 08 Aug 21:26
- Lesley D. favorited Guitar Bag 19 Mar 00:15
- Lesley D. favorited Guitar Bag 21 Feb 18:19
- Kim.Marie favorited Guitar Bag 13 Aug 03:35
- Kaotica favorited Guitar Bag 28 Jun 09:06
With right side facing lay the black rectangle (5x18cm) onto the backside of the guitar.
Mine is placed about 5 cm from the right side, 2 from the lowest part of the guitar curve and 5 from the neck.
<-- see picture (dotted red line)
Begin to sew at bottom right to bottom left 1,5cm to top left and then all the way around and end at bottom right.
pin the other piece of the inner lining to the other inner piece which is now attached to the outer lining.
Fold the fabric of the outer lining away and if necessary pin down.
Sew the inner lining.
To make the guitar a bit more puffy you could use flat stuffing for the body. Lay the pattern piece on top and cut adding 0,5cm seam allowance. Attach it to the front part and wrong side of the guitar body by hand with a few small stitches before sewing the pieces together.
Fold the ends over 2,5cm then fold the fabric in half and then in half again. Sew a small seam down all sides.
Lay right sides of outer lining together and fold the inner lining away. Place the strap on the mark and in between both front and back pieces of the outer lining, pin down if necessary.
Sew outer lining together leaving a large gap in the bottom for stuffing.
Stuff the neck with foam or polyester stuffing and close the gap in the seam.
Glue or sew on all felt parts and lastly sew on the buttons.