Grill some honey peaches.
This entire recipe takes five minutes, making it an ideal dessert for summertime and grilling season. Cut a peach in half, brush it with good honey, and grill for five minutes. Place a dollop of crème fraîche or Greek yogurt into the hot peach and you’ve got a simple summer treat.
- Rissy favorited Grilled Honey Peaches 01 Sep 03:13
- Alissa B. favorited Grilled Honey Peaches 28 Sep 19:39
- Emo Chick favorited Grilled Honey Peaches 10 Jan 22:53
- HylianWriter534 added Grilled Honey Peaches to To-Make List (Food) 08 Mar 21:31
- jessica.boulanger.10 added Grilled Honey Peaches to foods 26 Jan 02:11
- aimee.norton1 favorited Grilled Honey Peaches 06 Jul 02:16
Preheat the grill for medium direct heat, about 350 degrees F. Place a clean grill rack or basket on the grill and let it get hot for about 3 minutes.
Bring a small pot of water to a simmer over high heat. Place the open jar of honey in the hot water and warm it until the honey becomes thin and pourable. Using a pastry brush or a grill brush, brush the skin side of the peaches with some of the honey. Place them on the hot grill, flesh-side down, cover, and cook for 2 minutes. Gently flip the peaches over so the skin side is down, and spoon a generous amount of honey into the peach cavities. Cover the grill and cook for another 3 minutes. The honey should caramelize on the peaches and the peach flesh should begin to turn a golden brown. The peaches should be slightly soft but not “cooked.”
Place the peaches on a platter. Spoon a generous dollop of the crème fraîche into the cavity of each peach and drizzle the remaining honey on top.
Sprinkle with chopped toasted pistachios, pine nuts, or your favorite nut.
Decorate the plate with edible flower blossoms.
Substitute ripe summer nectarines, plums, or apricots for the peaches.