Light, fluffy & cute!
I actually got the original idea from Mommy's Little Maniac's <a href=http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/green-tea-cupcakes>tutorial</a> and set off to attempt my own version. It was entirely experimental--I modified a simple, plain cake mix recipe and went on from there.
The flavor is light, with a hint of green tea--more like green tea muffins. Recipe makes 10.
If you want a stronger green tea flavor, try adding 1-2 more tea bags to the mix.
It would be perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Try making a four-leaf clover stencil instead of a heart.
Edit: Some of the stuff I put in the tutorial didn't show up (additional pictures, some ingredient details) for some weird reason. The pictures are fixed, but for the "milk" ingredient, it should be 1 tbsp (it won't fix it for some reason). Sorry for the confusion!
- Elwin C. favorited Green Tea Heart Cupcakes 28 Feb 11:53
- San added Green Tea Heart Cupcakes to Tea Party 01 May 17:39
- Nimh M. favorited Green Tea Heart Cupcakes 08 Aug 17:18
- gemma.holmes.334 favorited Green Tea Heart Cupcakes 22 May 20:15
- Millie P. favorited Green Tea Heart Cupcakes 21 Aug 10:44
- IrisMakesStuff favorited Green Tea Heart Cupcakes 08 Feb 03:26
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.