Old metal jewelry made out of cardboard, go figure!
This a great set of 'green' jewelry using chipboard, old chain and jewelry findings, paint and a few beads. With a little paint, pounded indents, and some aging, you can create a beautiful piece of jewelry that looks like old worked metal.
1. Choose or hand cut chipboard pieces for the necklace, bracelet, and earrings. Arrange as desired.
2. Paint all pieces black, front and back.
3. Coat each piece completely with a random mix of antique gold and copper paint, front and back.
4. When newly dry, gently rub off just a bit of metallic paint from edges of a piece or two, here and there. Not all, just a little to suggest age.
5. Using a smaller paintbrush, use the opposite end to pound indents in all pieces, creating a worked metal look.
6. Dab the tiniest bits of green and blue paint randomly on most pieces; this will add a look of patina to the piece, completing the aged affect.
7. Glue pieces together as desired to create pendant for the necklace, the bracelet, and the earrings.
8. Finish the pieces with used or bought findings, chain, and other embellishments.