Neal's Yard Beauty Book
FOR ALL SKIN TYPES
Green clay has a natural ability to absorb, which makes it a useful ingredient for cleansing and absorbing excess oil. Used as the basis for a face mask, it helps to draw impurities from the skin. In combination with nourishing glycerin and calming lavender, this mask cleanses and balances the skin. It also has toning properties, which help to refine pores and revitalize the complexion.
MAKES ENOUGH FOR ONE APPLICATION
- Alex B. favorited Green Clay Purifying Mask 07 Aug 02:41
- Rebecca M. favorited Green Clay Purifying Mask 12 Jun 22:32
- RareJewel favorited Green Clay Purifying Mask 23 May 06:54
- Serena favorited Green Clay Purifying Mask 03 Jul 23:34
- Ariel B. favorited Green Clay Purifying Mask 27 Jun 15:00
- Alecia B. favorited Green Clay Purifying Mask 20 Jun 12:17
- DK Books published her project Green Clay Purifying Mask 14 Jun 06:00
Place the powdered clay, glycerin, and floral water in a bowl.
Using a fork, mix into a paste. The paste should be thick enough
for you to spread or brush evenly. If the mixture is too runny add more clay. Use immediately or it may dry out.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply the mask to freshly cleansed skin with the fingertips or with a clean foundation brush, avoiding the delicate eye area. Leave on for 10 minutes, but do not allow to dry. Remove with warm water and pat skin dry with a clean towel.
Refine Your Pores
Underneath the surface of the skin are glands called sebaceous glands. These produce an oily substance known as sebum, which is excreted through the pores or the hair follicles. Maintaining clean, healthy skin pores is important for healthy skin. Clogged pores below the surface of the skin cause whiteheads and clogged pores on the surface of the skin cause blackheads. External factors, such as make-up, pollution, and oil-producing hormonal changes, can cause blocked pores. Use this purifying facial mask to deep cleanse and refine the pores, bringing the skin back into balance.