If you cannot find blood oranges, you can substitute regular oranges, grapefruit, or lemon.
- Miss_Fit favorited Green Beans With Toasted Almonds & Blood Orange Vinaigrette 23 Feb 14:59
- Risa.Hanae (JapZilla) added Green Beans With Toasted Almonds & Blood Orange Vinaigrette to Recipies 16 Dec 19:33
- KelliDroze added Green Beans With Toasted Almonds & Blood Orange Vinaigrette to Food 08 Dec 10:55
- Christine P. added Green Beans With Toasted Almonds & Blood Orange Vinaigrette to Food Christmas Gift Ideas 15 Nov 04:13
- Kristina N. published her project Green Beans With Toasted Almonds & Blood Orange Vinaigrette 24 Jul 17:07
You Will Need
To prepare and blanch the beans:
1. Trim and cut the beans so they are roughly all the same length. I like to cut them on a slant so they look pretty on the plate.
2. Boil the green beans in a large pot of salted water for 3 minutes.
Immediately remove the beans and plunge them into a separate bowl of ice water. This stops the cooking process so they maintain their bright green color.
3. Toss with blood orange vinaigrette and toasted almonds (see directions below).
4. Garnish with a few extra toasted almonds and remaining orange zest.
For the almonds:
1. Roughly chop 1 cup of almonds.
2. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and toast at 325˚ for 10-12 minutes. Watch them to make sure they do not burn!
3. Reserve a small handful to garnish your green beans.
For the blood orange vinaigrette:
1. Zest your oranges. Add 1/2 tablespoon to a blender or food processor. Reserve the rest for garnish.
2. Add all of the ingredients (except the olive oil) to your blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Slowly, drizzle in the olive oil and blend until well-combined.