These super easy skewers are a perfect appetizer for any party
I’m thrilled by the inherent beauty in freshly picked herbs, shimmering with dew; cracked pomegranates with glowing crimson seeds; rustic french bread, steam billowing from an airy interior; and the list goes on—I could wax poetic about edible inspirations (did I borrow that from a fruit bouquet company tagline?) for hours. And capturing this beauty in a photo is almost as satisfying as devouring the finished product.
So imagine my delight when I had the opportunity to pair up with May van Millingen—an artist who takes as much pride in documenting a plate of food, in all its fleeting glory, as I do—to work on a photo/illustration collaboration.
I loved the colors and simplicity of these Greek salad sticks, and May did them proud. You can see more of May’s beautiful work on here website, mayvanmilligen.com.
Oh yeah—and the recipe isn’t too shabby either.
1 head butter lettuce
1/2 of a red onion
1 hothouse/English cucumber
4 oz. feta cheese
7 oz. plain, full-fat Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried dill
1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced cucumber
salt and pepper to taste
- Emo Chick favorited Greek Salad Skewers 11 Mar 21:35
- Laura T. favorited Greek Salad Skewers 20 Jul 19:49
- Zombie Babe favorited Greek Salad Skewers 06 Jul 05:53
- Grimgirl101 favorited Greek Salad Skewers 20 Jun 21:40
- KelliDroze added Greek Salad Skewers to Food 20 Jun 21:27
- ilse e. favorited Greek Salad Skewers 20 Jun 17:37
- Ravens Trove commented on Greek Salad Skewers 20 Jun 14:01
- Ravens Trove added Greek Salad Skewers to Cooking 20 Jun 14:01
- Ravens Trove favorited Greek Salad Skewers 20 Jun 14:01
Tear lettuce into small pieces (about the size of a business card); cut cucumbers and feta into 1/2-inch cubes; roughly chop onions into 1/2 inch pieces.