It's easy to make your own granola bars!
These bars are soft with just the right amount of crispness from the rice cereal.
- Kimya J. favorited Granola Bars 03 Feb 02:58
- Asherah Arts (formerly Lee Rose) added Granola Bars to recipes 19 Jul 21:52
- Penny F. added Granola Bars to Baking 01 Sep 16:18
- HylianWriter534 favorited Granola Bars 04 Aug 01:30
- bkind2me08501 favorited Granola Bars 27 Jul 12:54
- Christina G. favorited Granola Bars 23 Jul 07:02
- Marina L. favorited Granola Bars 21 Jul 23:45
- Suzi T. favorited Granola Bars 16 Jul 13:39
- KelliDroze added Granola Bars to Food 10 Jul 02:37
- heather r. added Granola Bars to Food Items to make 07 Jul 19:46
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease one 9x13 inch pan.
In a large mixing bowl combine the butter and honey first, then add oats, rice cereal, flour, baking soda, vanilla, and brown sugar. The easiest way to get this mixed really well is with your hands, dig in! Stir in the 2 cups assorted goodies. You can substitute or add to the chocolate chips and coconut that I use(raisins, nuts, flax seed, etc.).
Lightly press mixture into the prepared pan a sheet of wax paper on top can help with this. Bake at 325° for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes then cut into bars. Let bars cool completely in pan before removing or serving. Store in airtight container.