.... pin a granny and be glamourosly funny! ;oD
Sometimes, you need something simple, but noticeable to add on your everyday outfit, right?
Well, this witty granny brooch is what you need for sure !!!
Choose the right buttons or brads to give your granny that old fashion look!!! Just brilliant!!!
please note that I follow US crochet terminology!
- Nadine S. favorited Granny Brooch 20 May 00:36
- Carlos D. favorited Granny Brooch 28 Jul 07:18
- Ryan G. favorited Granny Brooch 27 Jul 08:54
- Josep H. favorited Granny Brooch 26 May 04:30
- Tim O. favorited Granny Brooch 11 May 05:43
- shanda h. added Granny Brooch to yarnwork 21 Apr 21:42
- Lori B. favorited Granny Brooch 16 Mar 01:49
- Susan J. favorited Granny Brooch 10 Feb 02:48
- Barbie S. favorited Granny Brooch 09 Feb 16:31
- Pamela J. favorited Granny Brooch 09 Feb 14:59
You have to crochet just 2 rounds of a classic double crochet (DC) circle.
Pick the hook and make a slip knot on it.
Chain 4 and push the hook in the first chain to form a ring.
ROUND 1 : chain 1 and crochet 12 DCs into the ring. To close the ring make a slip stitch in the top of the first DC.
ROUND 2 : chain1 and crochet 2 DCs in each previous stitch. You'll have 24 DCs. Make a slip stitch in the top of the first DC.
Cut yarn, fasten off and trim in the ends.
Collect a new colour and make a slip knot on your hook.
ROW 1 : Push the hook in any space between two pairs of DCS and make a single crochet to join yarn. Crochet 3 DCs in this space : this is your first shell. You need to make 4 more shells to complete the row.
ROW 2 : turn, make 2 slip stitches in the first shell and one slip stitch in the space between the 2 shells. In this same space crochet your first shell of 3 DCs. Make other 3 shells.
ROW 3 : turn, and follow row 2. Total : 3 shells.
ROW 4 : turn, as row 2. Total : 2 shells.
ROW 5 : turn, as row 2. Only one shell.
Cut yarn, fasten off and trim in ends.