be your inner forest creature
i had some scarp fabric, crushed tulle, and regular tulle. so i put them all together.
it took me longer than 3 hours, but i sew on the slowest setting
im sorry, not all of my steps have photos D: i did not plan ahead as well as i should have.
please not my fabric is not facing upwards, its facing to the sides as shown in the finished photo.
im sorry im bad at explaining things c:
- VictimOfSanity favorited Gothic Fairy Bustle. 14 Apr 01:06
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Gothic Fairy Bustle. 26 Feb 18:43
- lauren s. favorited Gothic Fairy Bustle. 14 Nov 05:44
- Sam W. favorited Gothic Fairy Bustle. 26 Aug 05:13
- Morbid M. favorited Gothic Fairy Bustle. 19 Jun 20:54
- BelleandStuff favorited Gothic Fairy Bustle. 05 May 19:03
- jessica.boulanger.10 favorited Gothic Fairy Bustle. 07 Jul 06:45
- ThatLittleWhiteRabbit published her project Gothic Fairy Bustle. 30 May 19:07
cutting all the material
Cut all 3 of your fabrics to the length you want, mine were about 3 1/2 feet. longer the fabric, the puffier it'll be. make
(i will be referring to the fabric as a rectangle from now on in the steps.
im very small, so for anyone over 110 lbs i recommend 4 + feet.)
cut your ribbon two feet longer than the fabric.
take whatever color regular tulle you like, and fold it in half long ways, then pin it about 3 inches from the top of your fabric, then sew along it.
after this step i cut the extra bits off of the bottom, but if you like the colored tulle to show then dont cut it.
(if you do cut it, you wont be able to see this, i used it just to add extra puff)
take the top layer and fold it in half, till it reaches where you attached the tulle, and pin it down till it covers about a centimeter over it (this will keep you from getting itchy from the ends of the tulle)
sew along the bottom.
this is where your ribbon will go so ,make sure you leave enough space in your fold.
i forgot to take a photo for the next few parts.
sew the bottom just as you did the sides, you can honestly do this part in the beginning, but i like to section things off. c:
take your ribbon and lace it through the fold at the top,
scrunch up the fabric,
and tie it around your waist.
now you are a cutie.