Delicious chocolatey cinnamon bun alternative!
This recipe came from "This is a Cookbook: Recipes for Real Life" by Max and Eli Sussman.
Makes 12 buns.
- Luca R. favorited Gooey Nutella Buns 08 Sep 17:10
- Kitsuné favorited Gooey Nutella Buns 07 Jul 14:21
- terri.ferrariphippswojtowicz added Gooey Nutella Buns to recipes to try 13 Mar 23:21
- KatinaKitten favorited Gooey Nutella Buns 24 Feb 03:50
- Lyndsey G. added Gooey Nutella Buns to Food 26 Jan 05:43
- heather r. added Gooey Nutella Buns to Food Items to make 09 Jan 21:17
- maya.hoss favorited Gooey Nutella Buns 25 Dec 20:05
- amanda.shillito added Gooey Nutella Buns to Cook! 23 Dec 17:52
- Gaby Skittles favorited Gooey Nutella Buns 18 Dec 01:15
- Ida T. added Gooey Nutella Buns to Food 08 Dec 12:20
Combine yeast, 1 tsp. sugar and 1/2 cup warm water in a bowl until foamy, about 10 minutes. Meanwhile, bring milk to a simmer in a 1 qt saucepan over medium heat; set aside for 5 minutes. Stir in remaining sugar, 4 tbsp. butter, and salt and stir to yeast mixture. Stir in vanilla, 2 eggs, and flour until just combined. Transfer dough to floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 3 minutes. Place in greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let sit until dough doubles in size, about 1.5 hours.
Heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt remaining butter in a 1 qt saucepan over medium heat. Add brown sugar, stir until smooth, and pour into a 9 X 13" baking sheet; sprinkle with pecans.
Transfer dough to a floured surface and roll dough into a 15 X 20" rectangle. Spread Nutella evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2" border on one long side. Beat remaining egg in a bowl and brush the clean border of the dough. Roll dough into a log towards the end brushed with egg; trim ends and cut log into 12 rounds. Transfer rounds cut side up to the baking dish, sprinkle with cinnamon and bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.