The Food for Friends gooey chocolate brownie (gluten free, contains nuts)
While there are many recipe books with a brownie recipe in them, our chocolate brownie has been on the menu since the beginning of the restaurant so we felt it would be rude not to include it for all those die-hard chocolate brownie fans.
Makes one large tray brownie
- Chudames favorited Gooey Chocolate Brownie 06 Apr 21:51
- The Makeup Honey added Gooey Chocolate Brownie to Sweet Treats 23 Mar 19:22
- Topaze D. favorited Gooey Chocolate Brownie 12 Mar 19:45
- Suzi T. favorited Gooey Chocolate Brownie 11 Mar 13:06
- hannah g. favorited Gooey Chocolate Brownie 10 Mar 10:17
- A Bite To Eat published her project Gooey Chocolate Brownie 04 Feb 22:20
Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas mark 2–3. Use a baking tray approximately 20cm x 30cm and 2.5cm deep; grease it and line with baking paper.
Place a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, but make sure the bottom of the bowl is above the level of the water. Break up the chocolate and put it in the bowl with the butter. Allow it to melt, then stir with a wooden spoon and mix it well.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Carefully spoon the chocolate mix into the eggs and sugar, and stir gently to combine. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt into the egg and chocolate mix and carefully fold them through.
Put the mixture into the baking tray and scatter the almonds on top. Cook the brownie in the oven for 35–40minutes or until just firm to the touch. When it is cooked, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes. Then cut it into squares and cool them completely on a wire rack.
The Food for Friends recipe book is available for download or your iPad or Mac: http://www.foodforfriends.com/ibook/