Because every Harry Potter fan needs one!
***Please Note: When using spray paint work outside or in a well ventilated area***
- Xfluffy_unitatoX favorited Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 17 Nov 23:11
- Thomson G. favorited Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 25 May 17:03
- david l. commented on Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 24 Apr 10:41
- MandyCip_93 favorited Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 09 Jan 09:26
- Claire M. favorited Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 11 Nov 00:05
- Phoenix M. favorited Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 03 Jul 01:54
- GnotJustGnomes favorited Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 29 Oct 21:22
- Hermione Granger commented on Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 24 Oct 15:33
- Ravenna182 favorited Golden Snitch Antennae Ball 15 Jul 21:20
Place the antenna ball on the skewer.
Poke the skewer into the box or Styrofoam. This will hold the ball in place for painting and give it a place to dry.
Prime the antenna ball. Follow the paint manufacturer's instructions for drying.
Use gold paint to paint the ball. If using spray, follow manufacturer's directions.
For brush on, if you have enough, dip the ball in the paint and allow most of the paint to drip back in the can before carefully placing it back in the drying area. Allow to dry overnight.
Using the Exacto knife, cut a small hole in the base of each wing and on either side of the ball where you want to place the wings. Do this by gently pushing the blade into the ball. It does not have to be very deep, just enough to poke the brad in.
Use the tip of the scissors to score the center of the wing (as shown on pattern). Do not cut, just create a gentle groove. This will help with the feathery shape of the wing.
Snip along the wing to create a feather shape (as shown on pattern). Stop 1/4" from the scoring line.
Poke the brad through the hole in the wing. Place a dab of glue on the cut in the hole cut earlier in the ball and then push the brad into it, positioning the wing how you want it as you do so.
Repeat for the second wing.