Get ready to take on the quidditch pitch with this golden snitch!
Hey everyone! Last weekend, when I was re-reading Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling, I thought of this idea. The golden snitch is described in the books as being close to the size of a golf ball, so I thought, why not make a snitch from one? By the way, sorry for the lack of pictures, I didn't think of putting it on here until after it was finished.
Note: The time it takes includes the time for the paint to dry.
- Serena S. favorited Golden Snitch 29 Sep 00:25
- leksee.swenson favorited Golden Snitch 25 Jul 22:01
- ajenne w. favorited Golden Snitch 14 Jul 01:22
- AmandaGrrrace favorited Golden Snitch 17 Mar 08:57
- Caaryn S. added Golden Snitch to Harry Potter 10 Mar 06:18
- Ichigo M. added Golden Snitch to Harry Potter 04 Mar 02:20
- Ichigo M. favorited Golden Snitch 03 Mar 21:19
- Caaryn S. favorited Golden Snitch 03 Mar 05:31
- aviiry G. favorited Golden Snitch 10 Oct 01:48
- Ravenclaw4ever replied to a comment on her project Golden Snitch 07 Oct 01:58
First of all, you will need to paint the ball. I used acrylic paint, but spray paint would most likely work great as well. It is also easier if you paint half of the ball and let it dry before painting the other half. I balanced it on a golf tee while it dried.
Now you need to prepare the feathers. You will need to remove all of the feathers on one side of the middle line. Make sure that you get as close as you can without cutting it. Next, you need to trim the feathers into the nice curved shape like the wings in the movies.
Next you will need to glue on the wings. You can glue them on which ever way that you like. It also looks better if you take the dimples of the ball into account. I regret not doing that...
Finally, you just have to paint over the hot glue and do any touch ups that are necessary. Your Golden Snitch is complete!