I wish I had found something to use as whiskers.
Made for a happygram that seems to have never been received...
Sorry for the lack of photos for the steps, I wasn't planning to make it a how-to but then I changed my mind.
- xXJackkieXx entered her project Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings to Harmonees Creations 23 Jan 07:59
- Harmonee.seal added Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings to It's a Rats World 21 Jan 20:08
- xXJackkieXx entered her project Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings to Harmonee's Creations 04 Mar 10:40
- xXJackkieXx entered her project Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings to Instacube 22 Oct 11:27
- Brielle J. favorited Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings 07 Aug 19:36
- xXJackkieXx entered her project Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings to Allstarco Contest 04 Mar 10:57
- Charlie K. added Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings to pretty easy 17 Feb 20:59
- Nicole E. favorited Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings 14 Jan 23:31
- Krissi K. favorited Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings 17 Dec 07:58
- Shantelle t. added Glow In The Dark Dangly Rat Earrings to how to clothing 08 Dec 06:29
Mix equal portions of white fimo (I used the pearly one) and glow-in-the-dark fimo together. You can blend it fully or get a marble look by leaving it a bit unblended.
Halve the fimo. Apply the following steps to both halves to make your two rodents.
Pull off a portion of one half and shape it into an oval for the body.
Pull off another portion and roll it into a ball then pinch it to make the head.
Make two flat round-edged triangles for the ears.
Make four sausage shaped pieces for the legs (the front two being smaller than the back two).
Shape a long thin piece of fimo and curve it to make the tail.
Gently press the ears onto the head.
Gently press the head onto the body.
Get a piece of wire about the length of your head and body. Curve one end into a loop using pliers. (you can buy it already done like I did but if you have none on hand this is just the same)
Put the wire directly through the point of the nose and through the centre of the head and body. This makes everything stick together much better.
Gently press the legs onto the body from underneath. (I flattened the top part of the leg so it would be easier to stick onto it)
Gently press the tail onto the body.
Gently press two rhinestones into the head for eyes.
Place on a tray lined with baking paper and follow the baking instructions on the packet.
Allow to cool, then use pliers to open the loop of the earring hooks and attach them to the loops on the rats. Close the loops.
Shine a light on them and see how brightly they glow!