Two T-shirts, a pair of scissors, one can of spraypaint = One comfy, cool dress to go dancing in!
- Sarah Snowflake favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 06 Feb 05:11
- spychohead added Glam Rock Wrap Dress! to refashion 12 Oct 03:51
- Melissa K. favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 31 Oct 22:52
- Emily D. favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 08 Jul 16:00
- Maggers favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 02 Mar 16:53
- Nichol P. favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 28 Jan 05:30
- Annie S. favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 06 Jan 00:17
- jahelisa j. added Glam Rock Wrap Dress! to sewing 30 Jul 17:04
- Barbara M. favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 07 May 22:38
- Stacey M. favorited Glam Rock Wrap Dress! 01 Apr 03:15
Now you cross-over one side of the hemmed shirt so it's hugging your hips comfortably, and pin it. Now sew along the bottom of the hem, so it's securely in place, again with a zigzag stitch. Or, you can just quickly sew up where the two layers meet so it's solidly attached. The point is that the shirt is snugly connected at the bottom, but open at the V, and sensually reveals what you have on underneath. ;)
Now you're free to make a very simple stencil (I used an exacto knife to cut out the bird-shape into a slab of cardboard) and spray to your heart's content! I used cheap acrylic florist's spray, and it's probably not water-proof, but this was my first project of this nature, so who cares! Let dry several hours.
The skirt consists of another large unbleached cotton t-shirt that has been chopped up, and wrapped around the hips, and secured with a safety pin. I got it out of "108 ways to cut up your t-shirt" (I *think* that's the name of the book...hehe..) but you can experiment!
These two pieces can be easily worn together, or separately. The top is also reversable, and is dead cute with skinny jeans and slouchy boots too! It's extremely comfortable, and flattering.
Enjoy your new shirt/dress!