Fake gorgeous long hair in 30 minutes!
- Hair brush.
- Fine tooth comb
- Weave bonding glue. This stuff comes in either black which is for dark colored weaves, and white which is for light colored weaves. Choose whichever you think will match best. You can get this at any Caribbean hair store.
- Pack of weave hair. Now, there's endless possibilities here. You can get real human hair which is the most expensive, but also the best quality and will last the longest. You can get yaki hair, which is animal hair and is fairly good quality but yuck, using animal hair. Or, you can be cheap like me and get the synthetic stuff. In the end it looks the same, but is pretty rough. I'd only suggest it for people with curly or thicker hair, as it'll be pretty obvious if you have thin, straight hair.
- Hair ties.
You'll need to redo them anywhere between once per week and once per month. It all depends on how you treat 'em, and the weather. Be gentle with your brush, and DO NOT PUT CONDITIONER ON YOUR ROOTS or it will take the glue right out. Unless you want to take your weave out, at which point, load on the conditioner. Try not to wash it every day either, or it'll come out way faster.
Any questions? Ask away!
- Sassy M. favorited Give Yourself Hair Extensions (Bonded Weave) 27 Jun 01:47
- Stitches added Give Yourself Hair Extensions (Bonded Weave) to Project 1 27 Jan 02:04
- ali c. favorited Give Yourself Hair Extensions (Bonded Weave) 01 Oct 01:04
- Shari favorited Give Yourself Hair Extensions (Bonded Weave) 08 Aug 04:23
Continue this over and over, going up your head. I do my tracks about an inch apart, but it all depends on how thick or thin you want your hair to be. Use your judgement. Also, make sure not to go up too high with your last track, otherwise you'll see it through your real hair and it's a really awkward situation when people call you on wearing a weave. I've been called "Unbeweavable" a few times by some comedic friends. Here's as high as I try to go:
After you're finished gluing you just need to part the remaining hair over the last track to hide it, cut your hair as desired (layers, asymetrical, whatever. The beauty of fake hair is you don't have to wait for it to grow back!) and style it up. Voila, long hair in an instant!
Now run around making silly faces and telling people that you got this really amazing shampoo.