Girly Punk Plates
I got the idea from the Big Ass Book of Crafts...I think that this project turned out great! I made two different versions of my Girly Skull Plate, one with just using a stencil and glass paint pen and the other with a decoupaged image. I used the same pair of fishnet stalkings for the backgrounds on both.
These glass plates aren't only Glam, but they are functional too! You can eat off them and they are dishwasher safe! However, I gave the pink one to my friend for her daughters bedroom wall.
- Sveta favorited Girly Skull Plate 24 Aug 07:20
- mmotse03 favorited Girly Skull Plate 29 Mar 06:09
- Abnormal Abby added Girly Skull Plate to Other 11 Jun 17:32
- nigrummonten favorited Girly Skull Plate 04 Feb 02:52
- Aubrie S. favorited Girly Skull Plate 19 Nov 00:22
- Lady Blucher favorited Girly Skull Plate 14 Jul 15:45
Second, I colored the stencil in on the backside of the plate with a glass paint marker. Let dry for 24 hours. Remove the stencil.
Then I outlined the image on the backside of the plate with a black accent liner and let that dry.
*Be sure to follow the instructions on the glass paint marker because sometimes they need to be baked.
**I baked the plate in the oven for a half an hour at 250 degrees so that the paint set into the glass
Next I took a pair of pink fishnet tights and stretched it around my plate till I got the look I wanted. you can use lace or whatever you like.
Tack it down with spray adhesive.
I then used my hot pink Krylon spray paint of choice and sprayed the entire backside of the plate over my stenciled image and let that dry.