Everyone loves the thrill of receiving a gorgeous gift, so add a delightful detail to your elegant offerings - with a handmade gift tag.
Level: Piece of cake (easy)
Time: 30 minutes
Cost: Under £5
- Alpha N. added Gift Tags to ATCs 22 May 21:20
- Sofia favorited Gift Tags 12 Mar 14:17
- Clare R. favorited Gift Tags 27 Jun 17:51
- Lee Rose added Gift Tags to class ideas 23 Jun 17:13
- czari v. favorited Gift Tags 13 May 03:34
- Suzanne R. favorited Gift Tags 29 Mar 14:42
- Bronwyn T. added Gift Tags to Gifts 08 Mar 22:27
- gettothepoint added Gift Tags to CRAFT ideas 25 Feb 02:25
- Kitsuné favorited Gift Tags 17 Feb 15:34
- Heather H. favorited Gift Tags 16 Feb 02:37
Cut out a small rectangle measuring 6 x 10cm (23⁄8 x 4in) from one corner of the map.
Use the hole punch to make a hole at one end of the rectangle. If you don’t manage to get the hole in the centre of the tag first time, just trim off the excess from the larger side to make it even again. Then take a bit off the bottom to keep the shape in proportion.
Cut the corners closest to the hole off the rectangle. Make sure the angle you cut at is 45 degrees.
Take a plain piece of the map and punch another hole, then cut a circle approximately 5mm (3⁄16in) wide around the outside of the hole.
Stick the ring of plainer paper over the hole in the tag and secure it with a tiny dab of glue.
Thread a 12cm (43⁄4in) length of baker’s twine or string through the holes of the tags and tie knots at the ends.
Write a message on a tag and attach it to a gift. Alternatively, hang the tags around the house as decorative details.