This soup is cheap and filling. Perfect hearty winter dish!
Garlic Lentil Soup
- Laura_927 favorited Garlic Lentil Soup 17 Oct 14:17
- MissVee favorited Garlic Lentil Soup 01 Oct 04:20
- KelliDroze added Garlic Lentil Soup to Food 30 Aug 05:38
- kittyklaws favorited Garlic Lentil Soup 21 Jun 10:31
- Amy M. favorited Garlic Lentil Soup 17 Mar 14:52
- Kari R. added Garlic Lentil Soup to Yummies 17 Mar 02:49
- Zombie Babe favorited Garlic Lentil Soup 15 Mar 04:27
- KARMA favorited Garlic Lentil Soup 13 Mar 17:21
- Maria M. favorited Garlic Lentil Soup 05 Mar 19:56
- Chuckee added Garlic Lentil Soup to Recetas/Recipes 05 Mar 08:48
You Will Need
Sweat the onions in the olive oil, over medium heat for about 5 minutes. Don’t let the onions turn brown. Add in the garlic, and cook for 2 more minutes. Add in the lentils, parmesan cheese, water, salt and pepper, and turn the heat to high. Simmer for 15 minutes, and then add in the rest of the spices. Cook for 15 more minutes, or until lentils are tender. (It took me about 40 minutes total.)
This soup is really filling. I was eating about 1 1/2 cups for lunch, and it kept me full for hours… which isn’t usually the case with most soups. I know it’s summer, and hot soup isn’t always on your mind, but I’m sure I’m going to be making this soup again in the near future. Not to mention, dried lentils are super cheap. It only cost me about ~$2 to make that whole pot of soup, which I ate for 4 meals.