How to galaxy print your shorts :)
I love galaxy print, so I tried painting some black cutoff shorts with acrylic paint. It turned out well, and doesn't fade after washes. I used purple, blue, metallic blue, and white acrylic paint. Fabric paint should work just as well.
- Victoria L. favorited Galaxy Shorts 01 Jan 14:05
- cornelia.featherstone favorited Galaxy Shorts 08 Jun 14:36
- mmotse03 favorited Galaxy Shorts 21 Feb 18:07
- Carrollann O. added Galaxy Shorts to pants to make 12 Jul 15:06
- Barjaa B. added Galaxy Shorts to DIYS 28 Jun 17:55
- laurie b. added Galaxy Shorts to Shorts Ideas 22 Jun 00:05
- Sarah D. favorited Galaxy Shorts 28 Jul 00:59
- Julia C. added Galaxy Shorts to Up-cycling Awesomness 24 Jul 13:30
- Jessica N. favorited Galaxy Shorts 26 Mar 16:52
- Elizabeth T. added Galaxy Shorts to Doctor Who 11 Jan 02:35
Dip the sponge brush in some paint and begin painting your shorts with the blue and purple paint.
You can blend the colors a bit to make it look like a galaxy. Once the paint is almost dry, apply a few more coats.
To create the stars, I used an old toothbrush, dipped it in white paint, and flicked it.
Let dry overnight, wash, and then they are ready to wear.