The WAH Nails Book of Downtown Girls
Galaxy nails are such a fun project! Using a mix of colours and a sponge, treat your nails like a palette mixer. Don’t worry about using fresh sponges for each nail – you’ll soon get an amazing mix of colours that will add to your design. The white base make the colours pop but if you want a more subtle Galaxy design you can omit this step. Try them! These nails are outta this world! (Sorry, we had to say it…)
© 2021 Sharmadean Reid / Hardie Grant Books · Reproduced with permission. · The WAH Nails Book of Downtown Girls by Sharmadean Reid (Hardie Grant, £11.99) Photography: Robinson Barbosa & Jeff Hahn
- mmotse03 favorited Galaxy Nails 29 May 05:17
- Calah L. added Galaxy Nails to NAILS 09 Jan 16:31
- Emma H. favorited Galaxy Nails 27 May 11:40
- Sarah Kim added Galaxy Nails to Beauty 18 Dec 12:13
- Sarah Kim favorited Galaxy Nails 18 Dec 12:13
- Kinhime Dragon added Galaxy Nails to Beauty 06 Dec 14:10
- dametra.navarro favorited Galaxy Nails 05 Dec 05:28
- Hardie Grant published his project Galaxy Nails 22 Nov 12:17
Paint your nails with the black base colour and allow it to dry.
Paint white polish on your sponge. Dab the excess off on a paper towel and then lightly dab the sponge on the area you want to create the galaxy appearance on your nail. Go across each nail in different
Sponge on two colours per nail onto the white areas you have made. Make sure you overlap them with each other a little.
With a striper create the cross shape over the sponged colours.
Use your white nail art pen to create dots in the black areas to look like stars.