May the road rise to meet you ...
My grandmother’s family were from Ireland, and although I’ve never visited myself I always think of her on St Patrick’s Day in March. She was also an
amazingly talented seamstress and embroiderer so this year I’m remembering her talents with this little hoop embroidery celebrating the old Gaelic blessing …..
- 113481_2F2016-02-22-174913-GaelicBlessingHoop2.pdf 2.27 MB [ Download ]
- PineconePrincess favorited Gaelic Blessing Hoop 30 Sep 00:51
- Alissa B. favorited Gaelic Blessing Hoop 08 Jun 17:59
- Ashlee P. added Gaelic Blessing Hoop to Miss Marple 27 Apr 18:14
- DonnaMM favorited Gaelic Blessing Hoop 02 Apr 21:53
- Chudames favorited Gaelic Blessing Hoop 27 Mar 22:09
- Moira A. favorited Gaelic Blessing Hoop 21 Mar 16:54
- Emma H. favorited Gaelic Blessing Hoop 17 Mar 22:15
- Bustle & Sew published their project Gaelic Blessing Hoop 16 Mar 09:00
The large flowers are worked in radiating straight stitch. I find it
easiest to imagine a clock and place my first stitches at 3, 6, 9 and 12 o’clock then go around and fill in between them - this helps me make sure that they are even. The centres of the large flowers are
French knots. The text is worked in back stitch. You will find full details of floss colours and stitches in the pattern download.