basically an enviroment friendly fabric!!!
Sorry about how long it took me to post this how-to (online class and that kind of stuff) and you all must hate me now and have given up on me. BUT for those of you who haven't here it is finally!
- Trisha J. favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 27 Nov 03:42
- Lee Rose added Fuse Plastic Bags :) to class ideas 30 Jun 03:01
- Mari M. favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 18 Mar 13:10
- katia k. favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 14 Mar 22:11
- Jackie K. favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 20 Jan 19:37
- monika.deleeuwtanchyk favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 13 Jan 02:31
- annie.marosy.7 favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 10 Dec 21:29
- linda.laliberte.568 added Fuse Plastic Bags :) to SAC PLASTIC FUSIONNE 17 Nov 23:55
- Carla B. favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 11 Nov 06:41
- Karen H. favorited Fuse Plastic Bags :) 09 Aug 01:09
Now with your handy dandy scissors cut off the bottoms and the handles of the plastic bags.
(Don't throw the scraps away you can use them later: if you iron a whole bunch of them together you will get a really sturdy material good for the base of bags or you could use it for a bracelt, headband etc.)
Put a peice of parchment on your ironing board and then layer the plastic bags, at least 4 (the more you add the more durable the fabric) according to your liking.
You can cut out shapes from other plastic or play with layering colours and play with the patterns on the bag (target bags and macy's bags are cool) but its time to go crazy!
So now turn your iron on to a medium ish heat just depending on how many layers you have. If you need to turn it higher thats fine but if its to hot you might burn hole in the plastic.
Try to squish out some of the air this will making the material easier to deal with and will give you an idea of what its going to look like when fused.
Lay the secound piece of parchment on top and iron form the middle out. Be sure to get the edges good.
Turn it over after a few secounds.
You may need to turn it over a couple of times.
Now you have your fabric (or what ever we want to call it) and now go be creative! NOW I CAMMAND YOU *says with an athoritative voice and points her finger at you* :)
Its water proof to your can make beach bags or even a rain coat. Note book covers, cd cases or hair accesories. Purses or handbags.
Just go have so Fab Tab Fun :)