These are some that I have made so far
These are some that I have made so far, and one in progress. I made others some time ago, but I can't find them. I have know how to make friendship bracelets since I was in high school, which was eons ago.
Click on the link that will get you to a site that gives instructions and patterns.
Once there, click on basic knots for a tutorial with pictures.
It may be useful to those who already know how to make these bracelets. My how to is for others in simpler terms.
- crochetmommie added Friendship Bracelet to Jewelry Tutorials 07 Oct 08:50
- Sue K. added Friendship Bracelet to Floss Jewelry 26 Oct 23:00
- San added Friendship Bracelet to Sleep Over 01 May 17:55
- Amirah T. favorited Friendship Bracelet 18 Nov 13:46
- Ellen R. favorited Friendship Bracelet 06 Aug 17:50
- Alice N. added Friendship Bracelet to Accessories 23 Apr 21:22
- Lyani A. favorited Friendship Bracelet 19 Apr 16:28
- Chudames favorited Friendship Bracelet 12 Oct 20:25
- kristin.hooker favorited Friendship Bracelet 13 Mar 16:15
- Pam E. favorited Friendship Bracelet 07 Dec 04:12
For the basic knot tying, start with however many colors and number of strings you want at about 60 inches long, fold in half and tie in a knot.
The more strings you have, the wider your bracelet will be.
Continue tying until you get to the last string, so the first string will become the last. It will slant naturally, so if you want it to go straight across, now is the time to straighten the knots. The second row of knots will then lock them into place and the remaining rows will then be all straight.