Breaded and Fried Goat Cheese to top a simple salad
I can remember the day I fell in love with goat cheese at Otto's in Covington, Kentucky. Their fried goat cheese salad was one of my favorite meals - the goat cheese was creamy and fried to perfection. They stopped serving it years ago much to my dismay, so this is my slightly healthier version of this dish.
- Pimke added Fried Goat Cheese Salad to Essen 01 Feb 10:32
- Rikki L. favorited Fried Goat Cheese Salad 07 Mar 15:21
- iscrafte added Fried Goat Cheese Salad to Om nom nom! 25 Dec 14:23
- iscrafte favorited Fried Goat Cheese Salad 25 Dec 14:23
- clarisse.cramer favorited Fried Goat Cheese Salad 10 Sep 21:50
- heather r. added Fried Goat Cheese Salad to Food Items to make 09 Sep 22:11
- KelliDroze added Fried Goat Cheese Salad to Food 23 Aug 18:09
- Angel C. favorited Fried Goat Cheese Salad 21 Aug 14:24
You'll need the following things :
Panko Bread Crumbs
Goat Cheese Log Oil
Dressing of Choice
Mix together 1 cup panko bread crumbs with 1 teaspoon Paprika, Garlic Powder, Sage, Thyme, White Pepper, and Seasoned Salt
Slice your goat cheese log into 1/4" thick pieces, wiping the knife with warm water after each slice.
Prep a dredging station. Place 1/2 cup of flour on a plate, 2 eggs (whisked well) into a small bowl, then the panko bread crumbs. Lay out a sheet of parchment or wax paper to place the breaded goat cheese on.