"Folk Magic" Onion Cough Syrup (or would also make a great Halloween prop!)
I ran across this while surfing and as I had read in magazines before of onions having an antibacterial property, thought I would try making some of this:
- khushbu k. commented on "Folk Magic" Onion Cough Syrup 25 Aug 05:06
- khushbu k. commented on "Folk Magic" Onion Cough Syrup 24 Aug 11:13
- Shaun L. favorited "Folk Magic" Onion Cough Syrup 25 Mar 22:22
- Flo Di favorited "Folk Magic" Onion Cough Syrup 03 Dec 05:34
- silentband favorited "Folk Magic" Onion Cough Syrup 24 May 19:05
I wasn't sure if the onions were to be strained out of not and left a message on Myrnie's blog and she was kind enough to leave me a comment on mine.
"I hope the onion syrup worked well for you- if you don't like the taste, garlic or ginger also work well (I've heard.)Yes, strain the onions out before you put this in the refrigerator."
This is what it looked like at Day 2 before I strained out the onions. It looks like some sort of exotic ingredient an alchemist of a witch would use and it does smell bad when you open it. This would be a great prop for a Halloween party.
It does smell bad but it doesn't taste that bad due to the sugar and it did seem to help with (I used 2 TBSP) with congestion.