Beautiful spring accessory, full of texture
This is another way of making flowers with crochet technique which I personally love. They are made petal by petal, then each part is joined to shape the flower. Every petal is crocheted in the round for a voluminous result.
- Key West Witch favorited Flower Necklace #3 05 May 05:21
- Key West Witch added Flower Necklace #3 to Crochet 20 Mar 23:04
- judy.flora.52 favorited Flower Necklace #3 03 Apr 22:24
- Kyara S. favorited Flower Necklace #3 03 Oct 22:54
- Tierra T. favorited Flower Necklace #3 14 Oct 17:04
- Tina C. favorited Flower Necklace #3 27 Aug 15:22
- Chudames favorited Flower Necklace #3 27 Jul 08:14
- nicole.johnson.520 favorited Flower Necklace #3 03 Jul 20:31
- Suzi T. favorited Flower Necklace #3 28 Jun 19:43
- jane.louis.353 favorited Flower Necklace #3 26 Jun 00:34
TUBULAR BASE FOR THE NECKLACE
Crocheted back and forth, ch 171.
R1: Starting in 2nd ch from hook sc 170= 170 sts
R2-8: Ch 1, sc 170= 170 sts
Don’t fasten off, take the cord and place it at the center of the strap and wrap. Ch 1, sc 170 going through both sides of the strap to turn it into a tube with the cord already inside. Fasten off and weave in all ends.
Crocheted in the round in a spiral way. Ch 2.
R1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook= 6 sts (place a marker in the first st of every row to count sts and rows easier)
R2: 2 sc in each sc around= 12 sts
R3: (sc 1, 2 sc in next st) rep ( ) 6 times= 18 sts
R4-6: Sc 18. When making round rows with the same number of sts your work starts to entwine. If it’s more comfortable for you, turn your work inside out, it will be easier to continue crocheting.
R7: (sc 1, dec 1) rep ( ) 6 times= 12 sts
R8: Sc 12
R9: (Dec 1) rep ( ) 6 times= 6 sts. Ss in the first st of this row. Fasten off.
The result is a little ball which can be shaped as a petal. Each flower is made of 4 petals, leave a long strand for sewing in one of them. Weave in all ends in the rest.
Take the petal with the long strand and make a few sts right in the tip of last row. Then take another petal and sew it together with the last one. Repeat for the following two petals. Finally, join the 4th petal with the first to close in the round and shape the flower. Fasten off and leave a long strand for sewing.