A dainty accessory perfect for spring
I meant to post this quite a while ago, had I not left my laptop behind over the holidays I would have had it done much sooner. Alas, there is nothing to be gained thinking of what could have been. This project was sparked into existence when I stumbled upon the loveliest little flowers in a small haberdashery in Staines. I'd gone with the student newspaper team for a trip the the nearest amusement park, spending most of the day on the teacups with a good friend of mine. We left a little early and took the shuttle back to the train station, and were it not for my stupidity and our getting off at the wrong stop we would have never found this treasure. Little mistakes are sometimes magical.
Ah, back to the tutorial!
The only materials needed are flowers, as the flowers I used have long wire stems. If you are using flowers without stems (pound shops are good for finding cheap plastic flowers), find some low gauge wire which you could cover in green ribbon once the headband is done or paint green if that suits you better. Alternately, the flowers could be attached to an existing headband, if you wish to take the easiest route.
If you like the photos, visit my blog for more: http://unchicpetit.blogspot.com/ :)
- Alice N. added Floral Headband to Accessories 19 Dec 13:56
- Karen D. favorited Floral Headband 18 Aug 05:26
- Naomii<33 added Floral Headband to kan dr mee door 28 Oct 10:54
- PinkWeeds added Floral Headband to Labyrinth 17 Jul 00:49
- Meredith T. favorited Floral Headband 29 Jun 02:35
- Morgan favorited Floral Headband 21 Jun 07:14
- angie.grenier favorited Floral Headband 07 Mar 16:55
- Cricket V. favorited Floral Headband 10 Jan 10:20
- Anastasia favorited Floral Headband 23 Dec 00:16
- ShoujoMadness favorited Floral Headband 29 Oct 08:36
Measure the circumference of your head at the point at which you would like the headband to sit, allow a little room, the flowers are light and the headband should generally cling to your hair rather than needing to fit too snugly. Lay out this measurement on a flat surface and arrange the flowers so that they are equally spaced along it.