Fabulous Flamingo Watercolor Step by Step Tutorial
Paint yourself a fabulous pink flamingo in this step by step watercolor tutorial.
Check out my Instagram for more tutorials!
- Natasha B. added Flamingo Watercolor Tutorial to Watercolour 10 Dec 06:49
- Natasha B. favorited Flamingo Watercolor Tutorial 10 Dec 06:48
- Val T. favorited Flamingo Watercolor Tutorial 01 Dec 15:27
- CraftyCat added Flamingo Watercolor Tutorial to Watercolour 11 Nov 22:35
- CraftyCat favorited Flamingo Watercolor Tutorial 11 Nov 22:35
- Crafterella featured Flamingo Watercolor Tutorial 05 Nov 23:00
- Ladybug Watercolour published her project Flamingo Watercolor Tutorial 28 Oct 14:44
Start with a clean wet brush and paint the shape shown here. Then using a vibrant pink, starting on the right, dab on your paint and watch it bleed in to the water areas. Keep adding the pink paint on the water until you have a nicely blended area. Keep the area to the right, where the neck will be, as the darkest pink, as this will be a shaded area.
Once the body area of the flamingo is dry, you can paint the neck and head. Using the same wet on wet technique, blend the pink paint down from the head to the bottom of the neck. Try to add darker areas on the edges and keep the middle of the neck lighter, to give them impression of it being curved. You can dab off areas of paint with a tissue or kitchen paper if your paint gets a bit dark.