https://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/fixing-soap • Posted by ZAJA Natural
In the soap making world, we sometimes make a batch that totally makes us scratch our heads and wonder what we did wrong. So was the case with my Mango and Papaya soap. I had this fantastic 4 color swirl soap. Poured it, popped it in the oven, and the next day it looked like crap. Here it is in all its glory:
The design is actually quite nice, but the soap was leaking oils, which means not all the oils had turned into soap. When this happens I have to cook the soap. I chopped all the bars up and pour the pieces into a hot crock pot:
The soap started melting, and in 45 minutes it was ready to pour back into the molds: done!
At this point I decided I could not deal with pea green mango and papaya soap, so I grabbed some of my hot pick oxide and did a quick swirl:
Poured back into the molds:
And the finished bars: