Gives the impression of lace without the work.
This gossamer wrap gives the impression of lace without the work of making increases, decreases, and yarn overs. You can achieve this effect by using a simple garter stitch and alternating three yarns, each with a beautiful and unique texture. The self fringe is created leaving a tail of yarn as you change yarns every other row.
- Habu Textiles A-137 (3/lightweight; 70% silk, 30% cotton; 1oz/28g; 64yds/58m): 5 balls of Blue #44 (A)
- Habu Textiles A-29 Tobi Moire (5/bulky weight; 100% polyester; 1/2 oz/14g; 68 yds/61m): 4 balls of White #1 (b)
- Habu Textiles A-123 Mohair Loop (3/lightweight; 81% mohair, 9% wool, 10% nylon, 1/2oz/14g; 124 yds/113m): 4 balls of Beige #43 (C)
- Size 15 (10mm) 32" or 40" long circular needles
<i>Adjust needle size if necessary to obtain the correct gauge.</i>
- Tapestry needle
7 sts and 12 rows=4" in Garter st
<i>To save time, take time to check gauge.</i>
Pattern row: Knit across.
Repeat Patt Row.
13" x 76" (before seaming)
From the book Haiku Knits by Tanya Alpert. Read our review here.
© 2021 Tanya Alpert / Potter Craft · Reproduced with permission.
- Lotusburger favorited Fisherman's Net Fringed Wrap 14 Jan 03:28
- WerewolfCas favorited Fisherman's Net Fringed Wrap 29 Mar 09:12
- Zombie Babe added Fisherman's Net Fringed Wrap to new wardrobe 01 Oct 02:17
- Gotico favorited Fisherman's Net Fringed Wrap 26 Jul 09:21
- Lillyanna21 added Fisherman's Net Fringed Wrap to May Try This 16 May 08:09
- Debora A. favorited Fisherman's Net Fringed Wrap 13 Apr 17:45
With Yarn A CO 86 sts leaving a 6" tail.
<b>Note:</b> Leave a 6" tail as you change yarns every 2 rows, on the same side. This will create a fringe on one side of the shawl.
Work yarns every 2 rows in following order:
Rows 1-2: Knit with A.
Rows 3-4: Knit with B.
Rows 5-6: Knit with A.
Rows 7-8: Knit with C.
Rows 9-10: Knit with B.
Rows 11-12: Knit with A.
Rows 13-14: Knit with B.
Rows 15-16: Knit with C.
Rows 17-18: Knit with B.
Repeat rows 5-18 one more time.
<i><b>next row:</b></i> Attach Yarn A, leaving a 6" tail. Knit 2 rows.
Attach Yarn C leaving 6" tail, BO all sts except for last 6.
Pull the yarn through the stitch on the right needle and make a knot, and leaving your last 6 sts unknit. Pull the needle out and unravel last 6 sts. You will have 6" loops. Cut them in half to make the fringe for the second side of your shawl.
Fold shawl in half and seam with a mattress stitch along the BO edge, matching points A and B and leaving 14" for neck opening.
Block lightly to straighten the unraveled fringe.