Make your own firestarters and *Git R Burnin'*!
- Bek S. favorited Firestarters 02 Aug 11:20
- Mark M. favorited Firestarters 03 Jun 02:45
- Jeff S. favorited Firestarters 07 Sep 06:34
- Moira A. favorited Firestarters 02 Jan 18:37
- Roughwaters44 favorited Firestarters 24 Feb 04:58
- DetroitMommy favorited Firestarters 01 Apr 16:34
- deb.mathenia favorited Firestarters 21 Feb 21:04
My husband makes cedar picnic tables, so I have tons of natural cedar sawdust. You can use any sawdust available, or this also works with dryer lint (you need a LOT of lint).
I cut a 1" piece of 3" PVC pipe for my mold. You can use whatever works for you, but this mold works great.
Mix sawdust and melted wax so that mixture seems nearly dry, but all sawdust is coated. Press into the mold, packing and compressing well.
Set aside or place in freezer until completely cooled. Then, pop it out and wrap in a piece of paper. I used a roll of brown paper, but newspaper or other paper will work fine.
To use, just light the paper and place among firewood. You'll be blazing in moments!!