Fiesta Table Decor with Unicorn SPiT!
Turn raw wood trivets into colorful fiesta table trays with this easy blending technique!
1. Tape off a 5" wide stripe in the center of the large trivet
2. 3. & 4. Paint the area with Zia Teal then lighten the outer edges with White Ning and darken the center with Blue Thunder
5. 6. & 7. Paint another stripe with Dragon's Belly green and then lighten and darken the edges with White Ning and Midnight's Blackness
8. & 9. Repeat the process on two more stripes using Molly Red Pepper and Phoenix Fire
10. Finally paint another stripe with Lemon Kiss and blend one edge with Zia Teal to create a beautiful vintage green edge
11. Paint two thin black lines on the sides of the center blue stripe
12. Paint the ends with Lemon Kiss and Zia Teal and accent the edges with Midnight's Blackness (on the Zia Teal) and Molly Red Pepper on the Lemon Kiss
13. & 14. Mix the Glaze Coat according to instructions, pour on the trivet and spread
evenly with a sponge brush and then pop the bubbles with a long arm lighter or a small torch
15. Cover and let cure overnight
16. 17. & 18. Mark the handle placement, drill the holes for the screws and attach the handles from the back.