A sweet summer accessory
Now as a how to! Enjoy! More flowers to come!
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Felt Lotus Hairclip 23 Jul 08:07
- Kimya J. favorited Felt Lotus Hairclip 28 May 02:25
- CurlyMade added Felt Lotus Hairclip to Easter 21 Mar 20:26
- Melissa Beth favorited Felt Lotus Hairclip 20 Feb 03:04
- mypinkrainbow favorited Felt Lotus Hairclip 05 Aug 05:57
- faith m. added Felt Lotus Hairclip to Headbands and hair clips 14 Feb 04:38
- Angie W. favorited Felt Lotus Hairclip 04 Feb 02:09
- Wendy A. added Felt Lotus Hairclip to Crochet 03 Oct 04:50
- Wendy A. favorited Felt Lotus Hairclip 03 Oct 04:50
- Sweetz favorited Felt Lotus Hairclip 30 Jun 04:29
For the center, roll up a single small petal into a tube like shape. Wrap another small petal around it looser and the final petal loosely around both of them. Stitch them together by running the needle through the entire tube several times. If it seems to tall snip of the extra length at the bottom. Now whipstich it or glue it to the center of your flower.
Magic time! On a whim, I decided to try this, and now I love it. I mixed 1/4 cup fabric stiffener with 1 cup warm water in a spray bottle. I placed a towel under my lotus and sprayed it with my mixture. White dots appear at first, but don't fret, it dries clear. I didn't saturate it, just dampended all over. While the petals are wet, shape them. Move them upward to mimic the real flower more. I let it dry for 24hrs and viola! Attach a clip and prepare for compliments!