a cool, 3D pillow made from felt
It's important to use a wool or wool blend felt for this project, you want the leaves to be nice and thick and hold their shape. You'll need three sheets of 12x18 inch green felt, and one 9x12 (or less) of white and yellow.
- Becky favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 18 May 08:06
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 22 Jul 05:21
- Miss_Fit favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 08 Jul 22:32
- Sequoia R. favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 21 Jun 09:56
- Calah L. added Felt Leaf Pillow to HOME 18 Jan 19:27
- Sara M. favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 14 May 04:59
- Maxine M. added Felt Leaf Pillow to To-make list 19 Apr 04:56
- Elizabeth s. favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 01 Apr 00:14
- Tina L. favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 09 Dec 04:40
- Laura H. favorited Felt Leaf Pillow 25 Aug 17:12
When everything is sewn in place, fold and pin down the outer leaves like this (so they don't get caught in the seam), then pin the back square over top. Sew around the outer edge, leaving 3 inches open on one side. Snip the corners off flat, turn your pillow right side out, stuff and stitch up the opening.
Here is a good way to sew up pillows or stuffed animals, that will leave your open space nearly hidden.
Start your knot on the inside, stitch straight across the gap, then up along the side on the inside, across again, and so on down the seam. Tie a small knot right in the seam and it will be barely noticeable.