quick and easy handmade valentine!
I love these fast and personal Valentines! I've seen them in all the stores this year. I decided to try and make some myself. I've seen them with hershey's kisses chocolates inside or other small candies. That would be great if your giving a Valentine treat to a cute kiddie!
Have fun and mix it up by trying different sizes and color combinations!
Thanks & Enjoy!
- Val T. favorited Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines 01 Dec 15:18
- Rachael H. added Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines to Plushies 16 Dec 18:57
- Leyley favorited Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines 21 Aug 19:52
- WhereTheWildThingsAre favorited Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines 03 Jun 19:38
- Zetsurin added Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines to Valentine's Day 06 Feb 16:52
- angel p. favorited Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines 10 Oct 05:17
- angel p. added Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines to things 09 Oct 06:21
- Pam ^_^ entered her project Felt Fortune Cookie Valentines to All You Knit Is Love 15 Feb 09:10
First you want to cut out your circles. I just traced the bottom of a tin food can onto my felt, and then cut them out all at once.
This step is optional. You can blanket stitch around the edge of your circles to give it a little extra color. If you dont know how to blanket stitch you could always hot glue some small ribbon or lace to the edges.
Once your done decorating get your hot glue gun and warm it up while you measure and cut your twist-ties. I always save mine from our bread bags :D
You want to cut your ties so that they lay right across the middle of your circle but dont go to the edge. So for example keep each end of the tie atleast .5cm away from the edge.
Then hot glue them in place and let them cool down.
While your waiting for the glue to dry cut out strips of paper to hand write the Valentines or love note on.
Then place your fortune papers across where you glued your twist-tie into place and bend the tips of the twist-tie together with the fabric only side of the circle facing inward. Then fold the top of the fabric in the middle of the crease you just made down over the tie and fortune paper, and finish it off by then folding the same part of the bottom of the crease up so that they almost overlap,
And TA DA super easy and cute Valentines!