brings good fortune and love...<3
In chinese culture, cherry blossom is a symbolic representation of love, it is said to help boost your love life. During Chinese New Year, the cherry blossom becomes one of the most popular flowers to bring good fortune and love. And so I decided to make a felt cherry blossom for myself. Since it will never die, it should bring me good fortune forever... haha.. I wish all of you a good fortune and a prosperous love life =D
- Brittney S. added Felt Cherry Blossom to Made 07 Jul 05:36
- Brittney S. added Felt Cherry Blossom to Plush 07 Jul 05:36
- Liza W. added Felt Cherry Blossom to Plushie Ideas 14 Dec 15:20
- Kristy B. favorited Felt Cherry Blossom 27 Mar 07:53
- Chaos favorited Felt Cherry Blossom 05 Jul 16:20
- Abbey O. favorited Felt Cherry Blossom 04 Jan 17:18
- Jess W. favorited Felt Cherry Blossom 23 Feb 20:34
- banu added Felt Cherry Blossom to Inspiring Ideas to Try 01 Feb 12:19
- banu favorited Felt Cherry Blossom 01 Feb 12:14
- Cris Figue favorited Felt Cherry Blossom 31 Jan 10:25
Now stitch the small inner piece on top of the blossom you just did with brown thread. Start from underneath at the center and stitch at all 5 "corners" of the blossom. Continue these steps to create as many blossoms as you wish on your twig.
Tips: I stitched the same spot twice so that the brown will look thicker and more visible to see.
For the twig part, roll the brown felt to the same diameter of your circles from the template. Fill the roll with stuffing. Stitch the two ends with the circles for closure. Repeat with different lengths to create the "branches" and stitch them altogether.
Tips: I also stuff a bamboo stick inside along with the stuffing just so the twig will hold its place and not bend when the blossoms are stitched on.