Something pretty you can make yourself! There are many ways it can be done,but this is my preferred method!
There will a brief moment of crocheting. If you do not know how to crochet...Here is a link for you! Really helpful, watching this I learned the basic chain stitch!
- kittybadass5 c. favorited Felt Bib(S) 02 Jul 07:15
- kittybadass5 c. added Felt Bib(S) to To-make list 02 Jul 07:14
- Munnazah C. added Felt Bib(S) to EPIC necklaces! 01 Nov 18:15
- Munnazah C. favorited Felt Bib(S) 01 Nov 18:15
- kila022 entered her project Felt Bib(S) to Crop-A-Dile 14 Aug 05:04
- kila022 entered her project Felt Bib(S) to Darby Smart 14 Aug 04:58
- Kathy S. favorited Felt Bib(S) 03 Aug 03:19
You Will Need
First, cut out your desired bib shape from felt. You can freehand this or draw it or look (Google) online for free bib templates.
Secondly, glue anything that is meant to be glued onto felt using a hot glue gun. The only thing for this project that is meant to be glued are rhinestones.
Third, using needle and sewing thread, sew the beads and sequins in whatever pattern or design you'd like around the rhinestones.Do this until your design is to your liking. *Remember only YOU know how you want this done! Me, personally,I wanted my bib full!
Fourth,make a slipstitch. (basically a loop, so that you can fasten your necklace to the button)Then,take the crochet hook and chain desired length using yarn of friendship thread.You should have 2 seperate chains-one will b e looped one will have the button. *Desired length-by this, I mean consider where you want you necklace to lay---short or long.
Fifth,sew the button where you think it best be using needle and sewing thread.
*OPTIONAL-glue the smallest rhinestone you have on top of the button.
Sixth, sew both chain ends you created onto the back of the felt bib.
Seventh, hot glue the finished bib on felt.This hides stitchwork. Then, cut around it.You shouldn't be able to see ANY stitchwork. Well, VOILA'! You've created a bib necklace!