This easy DIY will make a big visual impact on any wall you hang it.
I love string art, there are so many variations you can do and they are all sure to add to any room you have them in. When I came across the idea for a feather string art, I knew right away it was something I needed to do. At Christmas time I had done a string art deer head, so I already had everything on hand. The string definitely compliments the delicateness of the feather and has turned into one of my favorite projects.
- Coreen M. favorited Feather String Art 29 Sep 14:44
- Kimya J. favorited Feather String Art 13 Dec 02:55
- Miss.Bs.Page favorited Feather String Art 27 Oct 08:24
- Cake Eater Sarah added Feather String Art to Home Decor 13 Oct 01:22
- Helen W. favorited Feather String Art 06 Jul 21:10
- Chandra T. published her project Feather String Art 01 Jul 06:00
I started at the bottom and tied a knot around the bottom most nail. From there I just wrapped the string taut around the nails of the stem until I reached the base of the feather. I brought the string to the centre vein and went up on either side in a V pattern, always coming back to the centre. When I reached the top of the feather I went down the side to create a border, wrapping the string around every second and third nail head until I reached the top of the feather from the other side. From there I went down the centre vein until I got to my starting point at the bottom most nail. I cut the string giving me enough give to tie a knot to finish up and knotted the string around the same nail I started on. I cut the excess and then used a bead of crazy glue to keep the knot from coming undone or fraying.