It's a glue addiction
I've always wanted to make faux opal but since I'm not proficient with polymer clay nor do I have resin, so I tried to imitate one using glue.
There are two glues that I used, white glue and also Rangers Glossy Accent. The dangly pendant is made purely out of Glossy Accents. The rings, the one on the left is made out of white glue, while the one on the right is made out of Glossy Accents. All pendants are filled with cuts of iridescent glitter (I cut them from iridescent sequins).
The molds are from Sculpey silicon molds. It took layers and layers and also days to dry them out. Patience is the key here.
- Brittany B. favorited Faux Opals 24 Apr 23:29
- Carla B. favorited Faux Opals 18 Mar 04:21
- HypnoAngel favorited Faux Opals 20 Feb 17:42
- Rebecca M. favorited Faux Opals 11 Jun 23:24
- Sarah O. favorited Faux Opals 03 Jun 19:00
- jaisa.riley favorited Faux Opals 07 Mar 18:16
- Barn favorited Faux Opals 19 Jul 21:51
- Maggs added Faux Opals to Steampunk style 19 Jul 14:44
- AthAlba published her project Faux Opals 13 Jul 03:57
AthAlba posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!