Wouldst thou gander a peek into thine future?
Originally made for the release of the 7th Harry Potter book, I wanted to have a Crystal ball that was pretty but not going to eat my wallet. So I do what I do best.
- Cherise.R added Faux Crystal Ball to Labyrinth Party 09 Apr 11:25
- Jenn favorited Faux Crystal Ball 08 Jul 00:06
- Markee R. added Faux Crystal Ball to Labyrinth Ball 22 Jun 13:35
- AnimeRayne favorited Faux Crystal Ball 22 Feb 03:58
- Kris L. favorited Faux Crystal Ball 29 Nov 17:49
- Claire M. favorited Faux Crystal Ball 11 Nov 00:04
- Cuồng P. favorited Faux Crystal Ball 14 Jul 16:57
- Ravens Trove commented on Faux Crystal Ball 30 Mar 02:22
- Ichigo M. added Faux Crystal Ball to Harry Potter 04 Mar 02:54
- Ichigo M. favorited Faux Crystal Ball 01 Aug 03:58
Gather your materials! The light fixture and the ornate plant stand were from walmart and I only spent twenty dollars.
Using your acrylic paint, (some with glitter give it a more mystical look) paint the first layer.
While it is drying, take your plant stand and felt, draw out a circle of felt and cut it out so that it feats neatly in the "bowl" of the stand.
Carefully hot glue the felt to the bottom of the "bowl" of the plant stand. OPTIONAL: If its a metal stand or ceramic by chance, glue some felt circles to the "feet" of the legs of the stand so that they don't scratch whatever surface its on.
Once thats done, start on the second coat of paint and let dry. Acrylic paints tend to dry pretty quick if plastic based.
Once everything is dry and you are satisfied with your crystal ball, you are all set! Enjoy your visions!
CO + K User