Quick way to make a cute vase for short stemmed flowers
Don't you just love the idea of a smaller vase for flowers like freesias or poppies. I also love the look of white ceramic vases filled with bright blooms. So when I bought some fruit juice in a really nice shaped plastic bottle, I knew just what to do with it once the juice was finished. Here is how you can make your own faux ceramic vase using a plastic bottle and some spray paint...
- Pimke added Faux Ceramic Vase to Upcycling 10 Mar 06:57
- Serena C. added Faux Ceramic Vase to Summer Money 27 Apr 18:09
- Caitlin B. added Faux Ceramic Vase to House Crafts 25 Apr 23:19
- Caroline K. favorited Faux Ceramic Vase 18 Mar 18:07
- Aro Sh added Faux Ceramic Vase to Other 13 Mar 18:40
- Maura B. favorited Faux Ceramic Vase 13 Mar 02:22
- Caitlin B. favorited Faux Ceramic Vase 09 Mar 21:48
- Aro Sh favorited Faux Ceramic Vase 03 Mar 21:52
- ale_corason favorited Faux Ceramic Vase 03 Mar 07:05
- KelliDroze added Faux Ceramic Vase to Decorations 02 Mar 07:03
Remove all the labels on your bottle and wash thoroughly to remove any sticky residue. Make sure to dry your bottle completely afterwards.
Place your bottle on its side and hold your blade against the bottle along your line. Now rotate the bottle while putting pressure on the blade and begin cutting (using this method allows for a straighter edge). It takes a while to get through if the plastic is quite thick like mine was...but be persistent.
*Tip: Be careful not to scratch the outside of your bottle as these scratches will show through the spray paint.
Allow your vase to dry completely before filling it with water and arranging some beautiful flowers inside.