Paint faux bugs to look real and then trap them in resin!
Make awesome realistic bugs and trap them in resin for your curiosity cabinet!
- Key West Witch favorited Faux Bugs In Resin 31 May 13:14
- Kellyton K. favorited Faux Bugs In Resin 18 Mar 17:31
- Cassandra L. added Faux Bugs In Resin to Louise Bechers Room 05 Feb 02:32
- meildani m. favorited Faux Bugs In Resin 29 Mar 14:19
- Minna O. favorited Faux Bugs In Resin 10 May 05:37
- Emma H. favorited Faux Bugs In Resin 06 Mar 23:44
- Ghosts are Green favorited Faux Bugs In Resin 25 Aug 22:17
- dippydiscoball added Faux Bugs In Resin to maybe one day 10 Jul 20:17
- Mark Montano published his project Faux Bugs In Resin 27 Jun 10:03
See how here:
1. & 2. Paint the bugs in the black Americana Acrylic and let dry
3. & 4. Embellish the bug with DecoArt's Metallic Lustres
*Mix colors like Brilliant Turquoise and Elegant Emerald
5. & 6. Mix a batch of Glaze Coat making sure to follow the instructions to a "T"
7. & 8. Pour the Glaze Coat into the molds and then pop the air bubbles with a small torch or long arm lighter
9. Place the bugs in face down, cover the filled molds and let cure overnight