Rustic Chic Wedding
Place these little farewell bubbles on a table near the area where you will depart as the new Mr. & Mrs. at the end of your big day. Offer a jar to each guest and let them gather outside and blow bubbles as a grand finale to a memorable night!
© 2019 Morgann Hill / Running Press · Reproduced with permission.
- Pimke favorited Farewell Bubbles 21 Jan 21:23
- SugarNSpiceLily added Farewell Bubbles to weddings 29 May 01:15
- Anna S. favorited Farewell Bubbles 26 May 05:45
- Pam ^_^ favorited Farewell Bubbles 26 May 01:39
- Angel C. favorited Farewell Bubbles 26 May 00:27
- Hester A. favorited Farewell Bubbles 25 May 12:28
- Running Press published her project Farewell Bubbles 17 Mar 16:49
You Will Need
Using the flat brush and one of the acrylic paint colors, paint each of your baby food jar lids with several coats of paint and allow it to dry. Go over the edges of each lid with your distressing brush and your contrasting acrylic paint color. Allow the paint to dry.
Spray each lid with acrylic sealant spray. This will ensure that the paint does not scratch off.
Cut your burlap fabric into strips wide and long enough to wrap around the jars. Glue the strips of burlap around each jar with your hot glue gun.
Cut a strip of rusty wire about 16 inches long. Bend the wire around your wood heart so it takes the shape of it. Twist the extra wire together to form a stem, and trim the stem to your desired length with the wire cutters. This will be used as a wand to blow bubbles. Repeat with as much wire as necessary to make wands for all of your guests.
Fill your jars with bubble solution and secure the lids. Tie a piece of twine around each jar. Secure the lids on the jars and snugly position the wands into the knots of the twine.