I wanted a second set of flower brooches for my Fabric Flower bouquet that I published earlier (refer to my projects). So I rummaged through my "recycle" box and found two old blouses and made three fabric brooches - I cut irregular oval and round shapes for the two colorful ones, singed the pieces and arranged them in two different ways - one random and for the other - put all pieces in a pile, sewed a circle in the middle with a basting stitch and pulled it tight. The red one is a combination of several ways to make a brooch - the first layer is a strip of fabric folded in half and gathered with a basting stitch, the second layer is 6-7 fabric circles folded in half and then once again in half, arranged on top of the first and for the top I singed remnants of some red sheer organza. I already had all the buttons. I haven't used a specific tutorial, there are quite a few of them on the web.
*The sheer organza is difficult to take a picture of, though.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Fabric Brooches 22 Jul 04:43
- Deb E. favorited Fabric Brooches 06 Feb 04:53
- Pam S. favorited Fabric Brooches 17 May 14:56
- Monika Gottindottir favorited Fabric Brooches 01 Dec 08:03
- Doodlebert favorited Fabric Brooches 23 Jul 09:02
- Ann P. favorited Fabric Brooches 28 Jun 01:44
Rozantia P. posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!