pretty & cute & tweety :D
I started making these when I was getting bored making Owls...
They are super easy and there are lots of variations you can do and are great for using up oddments of fabric and little embellishments!
Just draw your bird twice onto fabric or felt, cut out & sew together.
You can either sew on the wrong side & turn through or sew on the right side, leaving a raw edge. Attach a ribbon hanging loop as you sew round and remember to leave a gap to enable stuffing.
Stitch opening closed then attach wings/ eyes etc.
You could embellish further with extra embroidery/beads/sequins etc.
The finished birds make pretty decorations.
They could also be used as Christmas Tree decorations, attached to a baby's mobile, multiple birds could be strung together in a row or hanging down on a ribbon. You could even fill them with scented stuffing and use them as scented sachets in drawers or in your wardrobe.
A template for these birds is pretty straightforward to draw, but if anyone wants me to add one, just leave a comment and I'll upload/ send you it :D
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Fabric Birds 23 Jul 04:13
- Rebecca M. favorited Fabric Birds 10 Jun 17:28
- Penny C. added Fabric Birds to Birds 29 Oct 00:22
- Mocatz favorited Fabric Birds 12 Nov 19:48
- kkirstyy favorited Fabric Birds 05 Nov 20:51
- viv.ryder.3 favorited Fabric Birds 30 Jul 17:33
- helen b. favorited Fabric Birds 26 Jun 18:26
bindiibabe posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!